I’ve been tagged by Tracey Dooley at Marketing Moment to write 7 random or unusual things about myself you might not know and then tag some others to play. Boy, when the spotlight turns on yourself, you ask the question, “How vulnerable do I want to be?”
The challenge was picking what to write! So much I could tell you.
1. When I was under the age of 10 and living in NY, my parents used to take us on vacation to Florida. At the hotel we stayed, I remember several times getting up in front of small audiences and singing. Looking back, I don’t think I was very good. I would belt out songs that were way over my head to sing. The audience was very welcoming and kind. I’m sure I got away with it because they thought I was so cute.
2. I make an incredible hummus. I created my own recipe which never comes out the same way twice. Folks rave about it and keep saying I should go into business with it.
3. I love old movies. Even though the dialogues are corny and the stories are so unreal, I still like them. Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire dancing, the zaniness of the Marx Brothers, Frank Capra movies, Cary Grant, the Thin Man. Ok - I’m dating myself. Let’s move on.
4. I am growing my business to speak to large audiences. I seek speaking engagements that can be held virtually or in-person - radio, TV, seminars…. What’s wild about that is I used to quake at the thought of public speaking (like many other folks) and now I look for opportunities to connect with folks. I recall a mentor saying to me, “When you speak from the heart, there is no fear“. I have found that to be true.
5. Some people know this and you might not. I have been hosting my own Radio Show since June 2006 called Powerfull Living Radio; compelling conversations for business success, personal transformation, and spiritual inspiration. Last week I began my transition to Blog Talk Radio and hosted my first show there on Oct. 11. It airs 5-6 pm Eastern.
6. I’m a spiritual ordained minister - Reverend Doctor to be accurate. I was ordained in 1985 and received my Doctor of Divinity in 1988. I have been down playing that designation for many years because I questioned how that would be received within the business community. Well, no more. That is part of who I am as a spiritual and human being. My spiritual journey of awakening is one of the reasons clients, friends, and colleagues are attracted to being in my life. Time to own it!
7. Integrity is one of my highest core values. I hold that a s a high standard for myself in the person I wish to be and how I interact with others. I am quick to make amends and take responsibility for what I do with joy rather than avoidance. If it’s my stuff, I’ll own it. If it’s yours, good luck trying to make it mine.
Ok - I’ll give you one more.
8. I cry easily when I’m watching movies or shows that move me and touch my heart. The flood gates just open and I’m blubbering as I sit there with my box of tissues. Over the years, as I have become more spiritually conscious and awake, I find my emotional sensitivity has heightened. My thanks to Kleenex!
My hope is that my energies and personality continue to come through in my posts, so come back often and let me know about you!
To continue the conversation, I’m tagging:
Daylle Deanna Schwartz